The mission of Paralyzed Veterans of America, Northwest Chapter is to improve the quality of life for Veterans of the United States Armed Forces & their family, for those who have a spinal cord injury or dysfunction, while advocating for civil and disability rights for all.
The Northwest Chapter Paralyzed Veterans of America (NWPVA), a member chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America, accomplishes it’s mission by coordinated efforts through programs that:
- Provide opportunities for health promotion, recreation, employment, sports and recreation, service and camaraderie for paralyzed veterans;
- Elevate society’s information level about the attitudinal, physical and legal barriers that confront persons with disabilities in order to influence the removal of those barriers;
- Advocate for and monitor the delivery of high quality and appropriate health care benefits and service;
- Cooperate with and seek the support of other groups and individuals that share NWPVA’s objective;
- Educate the public with the current and ongoing needs and current and past contributions of America’s veterans.